Eligibility for Medical Visa From Tanzania to India
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose only purpose to travel to another is medical treatment.
- Patient should seek treatment at a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
- The patient is allowed with maximum two medical attendants to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Indian Medical Visa Requirements for Tanzanians
- Completely and correctly filled online application form.
- Copy of an official letter from the local doctor/hospital stating that the applicant requires specialized treatment and has been referred to hospital in India.
- Copy of an official letter of appointment with a doctor in any reputed/recognized/specialized hospital or medical institution in India.
- Financial proof of a current bank statement proving your economic stability to support yourself in your medical travel to India.
- Passport with a validity of more than 6 months. The validity of visa should not exceed the expiry date of the passport.
- Valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- Medical visa fees. The fees cost the same for both the applicant and the medical attendant accompanying him or her.
- Registration at the FRRO office once they arrive in India is mandatory.
- Proof of long term permanent residence (at least 3 years) is required for third country nationals.
This was the list of documents required for a Medical Visa from Tanzania to India.
Online Medical Visa Applicationfrom Tanzania
- Go toIndian Visa Onlineand click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- Ifyou travel to India for your treatment only through Health and Hopes assistancebut do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee for Tanzania
Medical visa or medical attendant visa costs 175000Tshs (78USD) for six months and 255000Tshs (114USD) for a year.
Tshs: Tanzanian Shilling
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time for Tanzania
Visa to Tanzanian nationals is normally issued in three working days (excluding the day of submission) and for the residents of other countries in five working days.