Eligibility for Medical Visa From Iraq to India
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose only purpose to travel to another is medical treatment.
- Patient should seek treatment at a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare centre in India.
- The patient is allowed with maximum two medical attendants to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Important Documents Required for the Application of Indian Medical Visa from Iraq
- Printed copy of the correctly filled online visa form with a recent photograph.
- The size of the photograph should be 2 inch x 2 inch and should have white background.
- Original passport with minimum 6 months validity from the proposed date of arrival in India and at least 2 blank pages.
- Copy of the profile page of the passport. In case of dual nationality, copy of both the passports profile pages is required.
- Copy of Iraqi national ID. Non-Iraqi passport holders are required to give a copy of their recent Iraq visa or visa extension page.
- Copy of confirmed return tickets.
- Bank statement or any other proof of availability of funds so as to show that the applicant has enough financial stability to support his/her stay in India.
- Non-residents of Iraq should fill up the Personal Particular Form. Click here to get the form at the end of the page.
- An official letter stating the offer of treatment from the recognized/reputed/specialized hospital in India.
- A recommendation letter from the doctor in Iraqi stating that the applicant will undergo medical treatment in India.
- Pakistan Nationals or applicants of Pakistan origin has to has to submit another additional form. Click here and go to the bottom of the page to find the Additional Form.
- Other applicants who have to fill up the Additional Form are:
- Non-residents in Iraq
- Applicants who have held Iraq ID for less than 2 years
- Nationals of China, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Nigeria
Online Medical Visa Application to India from Iraq
- Go to Indian Visa Online and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Health and Hopes assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours (0900 hours – 1230 hours).
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
The cost of Indian medical visa from Iraq is USD 80. An additional amount of USD 3 is charged that goes to the ICWF.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
3 -7 working days are required for the processing of a Medical Visa from Iraq to India.