- Is the recipient of prestigious awards such as the Presidential Citation Award, Pioneer in Vascular Surgery Award, INDOVASC, Vice President International Society for Vascular Surgery, and Sena Medal conferred by the President of India for his services in the Kargil War.
- Dr. Rai pursued his MBBS as well as MS in Surgery from renowned Air Force Medical College, Pune succeeded by a Fellowship program from Erasmus University, Holland.
Dr. (Col) Kumund Rai- Dr. Rai is currently working as Director in the Department of Vascular Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket -New Delhi.
He has work experience of over 32 years serving as a prolific Cardio Vascular surgeon.
- Specializes in areas such as Aortic aneurysm repair – Open & EVAR
- Peripheral Bypass Surgery – open & stent
- Varicose Veins – Laser, RFA, Surgery
- Dialysis access procedures – fistula, grafts
- Carotid endarterectomy, and
- Carotid body & other vascular tumors/malformations.
List of Treatments
- Varicose Veins Treatment
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Treatment
- PTE – Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Renal Vein Thrombosis Treatment
- Debridement of wound, burn, or infection
- Vascular Lesion Surgery
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Arterial Aneurysms
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Sclerotherapy – Spider Vein Treatment
Your Treatment Travel Snapshot
Send us your medical query & receive the quotations within 12 hrs
Medical Visa invitation delivered to you in no time
Receive all-in-all personalized assistance when you fly to India
Get treated, soak in the Indian culture, fly back, and stay healthy
- Director Vascular Surgery Max Healthcare 2006 – to date
- Professor of Surgery & Vascular Surgery, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, 2005-06
- Head, Dept of Vascular Surgery, Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi, 2000-05
- Associate Professor of Surgery, AFMC Pune, 1993-97
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, AFMC Pune, 1984-87
- MBBS, AFMC Pune 1978, Gold Medals in Anatomy, Physiology, Surgery
- MS (Surgery) 1984, Stood First in Pune University
- Vascular Surgery Training at Erasmus University Hospital Rotterdam, Holland, for two years (91-93)
Achievements and Awards
- Presidential Citation Award, SVS, Jun15
- Pioneer in Vascular Surgery Award, INDOVASC, Mar 2015
- Vice President of the International Society for Vascular Surgery
- Sena Medal by President of India for services in Kargil War
Doctor Similar Specialization
Health and Hopes is a product of collective hard work of our team of dedicated staff and experts.
Heal and Hopes aims to provide the best medical treatment in the finest facilities across India.