- Apollo Gleneagles, Kolkata, is the only hospital in Eastern India to be accredited with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, the international benchmark for quality care.
- It is associated with Parkway Group, which is a leading healthcare group in Asia. It provides more than 70 per cent of private healthcare in Singapore. Its subsidiaries include Parkway Group Healthcare, which owns a network of regional hospitals and medical centres in Malaysia, India and Brunei.
- It was ranked the best multi-speciality hospital in Kolkata by the WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital has introduced the Novalis TX with Brain LAB, the revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT), which has the advantage of maximizing tumour destruction while minimizing the damage to healthy tissues.
- It is also the first hospital in Eastern India to be equipped with IGRT THERAPY, IMRT THERAPY, Comprehensive Brachytherapy by image 4D-CRT, Knifeless Surgery of Brain by Radiosurgery.
- The hospital also launched India’s first Cellvizio System.
- It was the first hospital in Eastern India to conduct the Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis Replacement.
- The hospital was also the first to perform a first-of-its-kind successful critical neurosurgery on a child patient suffering from a critical cyst similar to a second head.
- Apollo Gleneagles was the first in Eastern India to organize a live workshop on CARTO or Electrophysiology Mapping Technique.
- They are also recognized for performing the first-ever cadaver transplant in Eastern India.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital
- West Bengal, India
- Established in : 2003
- Number of Beds : 700
- Multi Speciality
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata, is a joint venture of Apollo Group of Hospitals, India and Parkway Health of Singapore.
Team & Specialities
Apollo Gleneagles, Kolkata, aims to provide you with the best medical care, which is why they house the best specialists and medical equipment available.
Six NABL Certifications
Apollo Gleneagles is the only hospital to receive NABL certification in 6 separate categories: Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Haematology & Immunohaematology, Microbiology & Serology, Histopathology & Cytopathology.
The hospital's Ophthalmology department has a well-trained clinical excellence team that carried out over 1000 eye surgeries within the first year of its inception.
Advanced Cancer Care
The Oncology department has one of the most advanced treatment options available: the Novalis Tx Radiosurgery & Radiotherapy.
at an affordable cost.
Apollo Gleneagles, Kolkata, is the latest addition to the healthcare landscape of West Bengal.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital is a 700 bedded hospital which includes a 100 bedded cancer unit and 50 bedded surgical units.
- The Food and Beverage Department of Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals (AGH), Kolkata, is the first in India to get the coveted ISO 22000:2005 – HACCP certification. It is certified by the British Standards Institution (BSIUK).
- The hospital has been the first in Eastern India to launch the 64-Slice CT Angio Scan and MRI with PET technology.
- First to introduce Radio Frequency Ablation for gastrointestinal malignancies, Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) and Fujinon Intelligent Contrast Enhancement (FICE) – two latest technologies for the treatment of digestive ailments.
- Also, the first to offer complementary therapies like Pranic Healing and Ayurveda in Eastern India.
- First, to introduce 3-D mapping in Electrophysiology Study – essential for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmia.
- The hospital is also the first in Eastern India to have a dedicated unit for daycare surgeries.
- First to implant Dual Chamber ICD- latest gadget to prevent Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD).
- Introduced Integrated Psychometric testing Unit in the region.
Location & Address
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital
Canal Circular Rd, Kadapara, Phool Bagan, Kankurgachi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054
AirportDistance10 kmDuration12 mins
Easily available on call.
Ease of comfort
- TV and phone in rooms
- Private rooms
- Free WiFi
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Dry cleaning & laundry
- Welcome Package
- Nursery/Nanny services
- Health insurance coordination
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
Food and Language Assistance
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalization
- Postoperative followup
Health and Hopes is a product of collective hard work of our team of dedicated staff and experts.
With our family-like care we extend to all our customers, we've earned the trust of patients across more than 50 countries