- Dr Pradeep Chowbey is one of the most renowned & experienced Laparoscopic Surgeons in India.
- With a thriving experience of over 35 + years, he is counted amongst the best few Bariatric Surgeons in the World.
- Dr Chowbey has completed his MBBS & MS (General Surgery) from the renowned Government Medical College, Jabalpur, and MP.
- Adding to his credits, he has received training from some of the eminent institutes world-wide.
- Dr Pradeep Chowbey has had the privilege of being a surgeon to some of the renowned personalities like his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Dr KR Narayanan (President of India), Mr Devisingh Sekhawat, Mr Rakesh Mehta IAS, and Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta.
- He has also been the First Honorary Consultant in Laparoscopic surgery to Armed Forces Medical Services of India (AFMC), the first person to perform Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Sri Lanka, and the first person to perform simultaneous Laparoscopic splenectomy on a patient scheduled for renal transplant with ITP.
- He has performed more than 70,000 surgeries to date.
- Dr Chowbey has conducted and actively participated in more than 500 national and international workshops and prestigious conferences including World congresses, Asia Pacific Conferences and SAARC countries conferences.
- He had been invited by various prestigious organizations & foundations in the country & abroad to deliver many orations, keynote addresses and guest lectures.
- He has represented India as Governor to the Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (ELSA).
Dr Chowbey has been awarded Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa Doctorate) by His Excellency Governor of MP and the Vice-chancellor of the University of Jabalpur.
- He is an Advisor to various Government bodies and universities to provide expertise and facilities of minimal access surgery, including procurement of medical equipment for the medical institutions & hospitals.
- Dr Chowbey features in the Guinness Book of Records 1997 and Limca Book of Records in consecutive editions 2000 – 2010 for performing most minimal access surgeries.
Dr Pradeep Chowbey- Chairman - MAMBS & Allied Surgical Specialities, New Delhi, India
Dr Pradeep Chowbey is one of the best Laparoscopic surgeons of India and among the best few Bariatric surgeons of the World.
Dr Chowbey is a Bariatric and Minimal Access Surgery Expert.
Your Treatment Travel Snapshot
Send us your medical query & receive the quotations within 12 hrs
Medical Visa invitation delivered to you in no time
Receive all-in-all personalized assistance when you fly to India
Get treated, soak in the Indian culture, fly back, and stay healthy
- MBBS, 1973, Govt. Medical College, Jabalpur (MP)
- MS, 1977, Govt. Medical College, Jabalpur (MP)
- MNAMS, 1979, National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (India)
- Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bombay- - Gastroenterological Surgery
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer hospital, New York, USA- Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases
- Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital London, U.K. - Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases
- Singapore General Hospital, Singapore - Laparoscopic Surgery
- University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Laparoscopic Surgery
- Siloah Hospital, Hannover, Germany - Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- John Hopkins Institute, Baltimore, USA - Advanced Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic, Ohio - Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Monarch University, Geelong, Australia - Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries
- Mount Sinai Medical Centre, Miami Beach, Florida - Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries
Doctor Similar Specialization
Health and Hopes is a product of collective hard work of our team of dedicated staff and experts.
Dr. Shah is currently working as a Senior Consultant and Head of the Department, Gastroenterology at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai. Read More
He has over 10 years of working as a kidney specialist and specializes in Kidney transplant, treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease, and Traditional Nephrology. Read More
Heal and Hopes aims to provide the best medical treatment in the finest facilities across India.